Monday 10 October 2011

Was yesterday the last time in the pool for 2011?

We wemt off up to the pool yesterday afternoon at about 2.30pm.

It was a warm day and hardly any breeze but just as we were leaving the house for the short drive to the Aphrodite Club, it clouded over :-(

However, the sun was out when we arrived and we were surprised to find only a few sunbeds available. Only 2 child was in the pool too which was a pleasant surprise. Often on a Sunday, the pool is full of screamers which I'm not very tolerable of.

I was the brave one - I went in the pool TWICE while my husband managed to sit and dangle his ankles into about  3 inches of the pool's surface before deciding it was too cold and that I must be quite mad! I did swim about 4 lengths and as long as I kept moving, it was okay...

After starting my new book - I decided on the Agatha Raisin mystery book The Terrible Tourist, which is set in Kyrenia (Turkish occupied north of Cyprus) and getting into quite a few pages of it, I found it was getting hot and sticky plus the flies were being a right royal pain in the bum (always the case when the weather starts to cool down). No option for it - back in the pool :-D

But, I can't see the weather lasting out long enough for another weekend of pool swimming. I may get into the sea but, we'll see...

Next Saturday in the early evening, we're off to the Angel Bar in Kolossi to help raise funds for Sirius Dog Sanctuary by attending Wez Thompson's book signing of "Alfie - A Dog's Tail". It starts at 6pm (if you want to see the signing, that is) followed by food at 7pm and a live band around 9pm.

Tickets are €10pp. Get tickets from all SBA Hives, and D N Satellite and Cable Solutions in Kolossi.
Remember, all funds from this charity event go to Sirius Dog Sanctuary in Moni, Limassol.
For more info, contact Wez Thompson (BFBS Radio DJ and author of Alfie, a dog’s tale).

No comments: